Salary: Commensurate with qualifications and experience
The Art Director is responsible for overseeing all aspects of graphic design across DTS’s media (print, web, video, and physical installations) and leading teams in a consistent and cohesive visual brand identity for all constituencies. This position is also responsible for bringing the values, mission, and vision of DTS to life on screen and through physical media with forward-thinking design by working with multiple departments through a collaborative process.
The successful candidate will have at least 10 years of experience in graphic design (using Adobe Creative Suite) and in art direction. Must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills, be a creative problem-solver, strong team leader and have an eye for beautiful and creative design. Must be familiar with current trends in evangelicalism, higher education, and DTS’s place in the wider American and global church.
- Work with departments (primarily Admissions, Advancement, Alumni and the Hendricks Center) to create original graphic content for DTS’s printed materials, digital properties and other marketing materials.
- Collaborate with senior management to establish an aesthetic and brand that reflects the seminary’s core values and ideals.
- Supervise and delegate projects to our in-house team of designers, and function as one of the designers on key projects and initiatives.
- Review graphic materials from the design team to assess their validity and appropriateness for our brand.
- Maintain graphic consistency across all deliverables.