Salary: $13-$15 per hour
The DTS-DC Campus Advisor will contact prospective students, manage admissions applications, provide academic advising assistance to current students, and handle general set-up for classes and special events. The administrative assistant will also participate in DC campus meetings as able.
The successful candidate must have a Bachelor’s degree, be a current student in a professional program, or graduate, have good relationship and communication skills, good organizational and planning skills, and be a good team player with a mindset of service for others. They must also be available to assist with various departmental needs, have an enthusiasm about DTS, and be able to work non-standard hours, weekends, or occasional evenings. It is desired that the candidate have a positive approach, previous marketing experience, be responsible, dependable, and proactive, be a 2nd year student or alumnus/ae, have computer experience, be self-motivated, willing to take initiative, be familiar with social media platforms, and type 45-50 wpm. A cell phone with local area code and computer access are necessary.
A minimum two-year commitment is requested. Employment is contingent on the results of a background check at the point of hire. Please direct any questions or inquiries to Human Resources.
- Proactively calling and tracking prospective students through a series of campus visits, phone calls, texts, and emails as appropriate, encouraging them to apply by answering questions regarding DTS and our programs
- Advising current students in degree program completion toward their ministry vision, in coordination with the Lead Campus Advisor and Advising Center
- Provide administrative assistance with organizing class sessions and special events, and with setting up rooms for classes and events
- Assist professors with basic tasks while on-site for classes and events
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor