Department: Custodial Operations
Salary: $16,380-$17,160 per year
The Custodian II is responsible for routine and special cleaning of DTS facilities under the direction of the Custodial Manager and the Director of Campus Services.
The successful applicant must have an attitude of support for the DTS mission and the Custodial Services mission to provide a safe, clean, and attractive environment. Must be able to work independently and as a part of a team to complete assigned tasks dependably, consistently, and thoroughly. Must be able to understand and follow detailed oral and written instructions regarding safety, administrative, and cleaning matters. Must also be able to notice and communicate to the supervisor any deficiencies in an area that are not custodial related but in need of attention. Must be consistent in punctuality and attendance.
- Empty trash and recycling (inside and outside)
- Collect litter and sweep entryways
- Vacuum carpets
- Dust mop and wet mop floors
- Clean white boards, water fountains, glass doors, and elevator doors
- Disinfect and clean restrooms; refill dispensers
- Dust ledges, counter tops, furniture
- Respond to and take appropriate action on reactive calls, such as spills
- Detail clean work spaces; clean blinds, windows, and trash receptacles
- Clean vents, ducts, lights, stairwells, and overheard items
- Communicate customers’ custodial needs to appropriate Facilities personnel
- Attend monthly training meetings
- Complete New Hire/Refresher training sheet once per year
- Follow oral and written instructions regarding safety and administrative/cleaning matters
- Listen to and collect customer feedback and work with them to meet their needs within the scope of responsibility.