Department: Online and Distance Education
The Online and Distance Education Assistant will assist the Online Education and Distance Education team by managing daily administrative activities.
The successful candidate will be able to communicate well with people, have strong telephone skills, and good computer skills (internet, word processor, typing). It is desired that the candidate will have experience as an administrative assistant, experience in arranging travel, and experience with online learning platforms.
A minimum two-year commitment is requested. Employment is contingent on the results of a background check at the point of hire. Please direct any questions or inquiries to Human Resources.
- Provide general administrative assistance for the Online and Distance Education team
- Make travel arrangements for faculty and staff traveling to extension and mobile campuses
- Process financial forms, expense reimbursements, and credit card statements for the department
- Respond to questions and requests from extension and online students
- Coordinate with extension sites and staff to ensure that classroom setup and audio/visual equipment meets faculty and student needs for classes, orientation, and Day at DTS events
- Schedule recruiting and orientation events for extension students
- Coordinate and make arrangements for Dallas campus events related to extension sites and online students
- Occasionally travel and attend extension and mobile classes to assist students and faculty
- Help coordinate Super Weeks and block hybrid classes on the Dallas campus