The graphic designer position is responsible for the creation and delivery of a wide array of marketing and communications collateral and publications (both print and digital) in order to accurately communicate Dallas Theological Seminary’s image and messaging to both internal and external audiences. The graphic designer is an innovative, forward-thinking visual expert, and accomplished layout/design artist who creatively and collaboratively translates ideas, concepts, and messages into consistently powerful and engaging visual expressions for print and digital platforms. The Graphic Designer will work under the supervision of the Executive Director of Marketing & Communications to develop and execute creative, strategic, and effective means to promote stories, events, and ministry programming. A commitment to excellence, integrity, creativity, flexibility, and a team spirit are essential, as is a vibrant and growing relationship with Jesus Christ and the willingness to serve in a ministry-focused setting.
- The successful applicant must be familiar with and uphold DTS’s doctrinal positions.
- The applicant will have excellent relational and communication skills (verbal and written), be self-motivated, organized, and have a passion to not only strategize, but execute the work.
- Must be able to think big picture and come up with creative ideas.
- Strong proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, etc.), and ability to work on Mac and PC platforms (Word/Pages, Excel/Numbers, PowerPoint/Keynote).
- Must be collaborative, creative, show design initiative and innovation, and have a keen eye for detail and editorial/visual design care.
- Must be able to meet deadlines, efficiently managing overlapping deadlines and occasional rush projects, producing fresh and current styles while incorporating institution branding guidelines.
- Must have a strong print background/experience to be able to take a project from concept through packaging for printer and be comfortable with occasional press checks.
- Four-year Bachelor’s degree in graphic design/communications-related area, or equivalent experience is required.
- 3+ years in a full-time graphic design role.
- A growing and personal relationship with Jesus Christ, and a commitment to serve by living to make Jesus visible through the work of DTS.
- Prior experience in a marketing or ad agency setting preferred
- Familiarity with digital marketing and digital advertising, especially size and layout issues
- Familiarity with web graphic design, preferable in WordPress installations
- Deep understanding of trends in design and trends in social media
- Conceptualize, plan, and produce print, digital, and multimedia projects consistent with the Seminary’s brand and standards
- Provide graphic design and layout for print and digital deliverables, including advertising materials, viewbooks, campus signage, DTS Magazine, campus publications, billboards, banners, social media content, brochures, and flyers (among other items)
- Provide graphic design for landing pages, web ads, email campaigns, and other digital projects
- Review, proof, and edit content for layout
- Consult on marketing campaigns and projects and provide expertise on design-related decisions
- With guidance from the Executive Director of Marketing & Communications, develop and uphold processes for the department
- Perform other duties as assigned by a supervisor