Department: Housing and Relocation Services
Hours: 40 hours
Oversee the day-to-day housing operations for the DTS Dallas high rise apartment buildings and provide support for students relocating to the Dallas Office. The Housing Manager is responsible for recommending and implementing policies that support the ministry of Dallas Seminary. The Manager is responsible for managing the budget and generating a profit while keeping the rent low for students.
A bachelor’s degree is preferred. The successful candidate will have excellent customer service skills in handling the concerns of residents. Must be fair, able to manage a budget effectively, and demonstrate professional written and verbal communication to residents and other DTS departments. Must be able to collaborate with multiple departments to ensure buildings are maintained and operated efficiently. Must be able to identify problems and creatively solve them while providing leadership to the department, housing managers and residents. An understanding of the Seminary’s structure and efficiency with Office 365 are desired, as well as the flexibility to cover the critical duties of other full-time staff members as needed.
Employment is contingent on the results of a background check at the point of hire. We regret that we are unable to extend an invitation for an interview to every applicant. All applicants will be notified by email after the position has been filled. Please direct any questions or inquiries to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or 214-887-5220.
Visit www.dts.edu/employment for an application!
- Recommend and implement housing policies that attract students and generate revenue for the Seminary.
- Hire, train and supervise apartment managers and administrative staff for the Housing Office.
- Develop and administer budgets for each building.
- Administer the policies established by the Executive Committee for on campus housing and when appropriate make suggestions to the VP of Campus Operations concerning possible improvements in these policies as the needs of the student body the Seminary change.
- Ensure that the Campus Management System computer system is utilized to track all data in an efficient and user-friendly manner
- Enforce the lease in a fair and consistent manner.
- Ensure residents can resolve past due accounts or poor payment practices.
- Coordinate with the Student Life Department to manage disciplinary needs.
- Review and determine outcomes of various requests from residents for exceptions to Housing policies or procedures.
- Coordinate with FPO and Custodial departments concerning general maintenance and capital renewal need of the facilities.