Department: Mail Services
Hours: 20 hours
The part-time mail clerk is responsible for processing, sorting, and distributing all incoming and outgoing mail.
The ideal candidate must have a valid US driver’s license, be physically fit, and able to speak and understand English. Must be able to multi-task, follow instructions, learn fast and be a flexible team player with a great attitude. Must have excellent people, computer and organizational skills. It is desired that the candidate be punctual, have a good attitude and have analytical skills for evaluating mail processes.
A two-year commitment is requested. The Seminary permits the employment of qualified relatives of employees, of the employee’s household, or immediate family as long as such employment does not, in the opinion of the Seminary, create actual conflicts of interest. More information about this policy is available upon request. Employment is contingent on the results of a criminal background check at the point of hire. The 2019 DTS Crime Report can be viewed at https://www.dts.edu/departments/campus-police/dallas-campus-safety-information/dallas-annual-security-report/ A written copy is available upon request by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. We regret that we are unable to extend an invitation for an interview to every applicant. Only those applicants whose qualifications and experience appear to best match the needs of this position will be contacted. All applicants will be notified by email after the position has been filled. Please direct any questions or inquiries to Human Resources at email@example.com or 214-887-5220.
Visit www.dts.edu/employment for an application!
- Receive, sort and process deliveries from multiple couriers
- Process outgoing mail using UPS and USPS postage systems
- Route and deliver mail and packages to campus departments when assigned
- Inventory inter-office and retail materials
- Pull materials (large quantities) to fill a mailing request made by a department for a special event
- Unload and load mail service vehicles with proper mail packages
- Maintain a clean and orderly warehouse/mail room
- Assist students, faculty, and staff with their mail or material requests
- Transport mail to Post Office as assigned
- Process fulfillment orders for DTS donors
- Attend all staff and safety campus operations meetings
- Assist team as needed