Department: Student Life
Salary: $25,000-$30,000 per year
The Office Manager/Advisor for Student Activities is responsible for managing the administrative and budgetary needs of the Student Life Department, performing office duties, and working directly with the Dean of Students in all aspects of new student orientation and student group events.
The successful candidate will have excellent communication skills in-person, electronically, and over the phone. Must enjoy interacting with others and be personable, professional, and approachable. The ability to handle multiple responsibilities well is required. Must have previous experience with Microsoft Word and Excel and be proficient in typing, spelling, punctuation, and grammar. Budget experience, flexibility with changing priorities, initiative, and discretion is desired.
- Oversee Student Life office operations, budgets, and credit cards
- Coordinate New Student Orientation on all DTS campuses
- Manage the DTS student portal (students.dts.edu)
- Assist student groups on the Dallas campus
- Edit the Student Handbook (including student group policies and procedures) and the student newsletter Kerygma
- Update DTS online calendar, including student group events
- Assist with coordinating Luke’s Closet/Pantry
- Coordinate student meetings with the DTS Board twice a year