Salary: $9.45 per hour
The Library Assistant is responsible for circulation of library materials, assisting patrons, and maintaining the reference, periodical, and general collection areas.
The successful applicant will be able to communicate well with people. Must have strong attention to detail, be self-starting, and a team player. Must be able to work with numerous interruptions at the front desk. Must be able to prioritize tasks and manage time well. Must be consistently punctual. Must be able to type at least 30 words per minute and have experience with computers, copiers, printers, and typewriters. Must have excellent English skills. Must be able to work some Saturdays, evenings, and summers. Will be required to work Fall, Winter session, Spring and Summer semesters. Library experience and long term commitment to the position is desired.
A two-year commitment is requested. The Seminary permits the employment of qualified relatives of employees, of the employee’s household, or immediate family as long as such employment does not, in the opinion of the Seminary, create actual conflicts of interest. More information about this policy is available upon request. Employment is contingent on the results of a criminal background check at the point of hire. The 2016 DTS Crime Report can be viewed at http://www.dts.edu/departments/campus/campuspolice/. A written copy is available upon request by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. We regret that we are unable to extend an invitation for an interview to every applicant. Only those applicants whose qualifications and experience appear to best match the needs of this position will be contacted. All applicants will be notified by email after the position has been filled. Please direct any questions or inquiries to Human Resources.
Circulate library materials on computer system:
- charge, discharge, renew materials
- distribute holds and verify books on hold shelf
- create, renew, and edit user records
- Use cash register to collect fees and overdue fines
- Prepare items at the circulation desk for reshelving
- Shelve reference books, periodicals, general collection items, and file microfilms
- Answer the phone, provide limited information regarding library materials, direct other reference questions to reference librarians
- Assist in searching for missing items
- Perform light cleaning
- Assist in the maintenance of library copiers
- Help supervisor prepare reserve shelf
- Perform other duties as necessary