Department: Mail Services
Hours: 20 hours per week; 8am-4pm Monday through Friday
The mail room clerk is to deliver mail and packages to the campus. The person will deliver all mail to the post office in the afternoon. The clerk will assist and fill-in where needed.
The ideal candidate must have a valid Texas driver’s license, the ability to follow directions, good people, computer, and communication skills, the ability to speak and understand English, good organizational skills, the ability to drive and back up mail truck safely, and the ability to multi-task. It is desired that the candidate have analytical skills for evaluating mail processes, a good attitude, and be punctual.
A minimum two-year commitment is requested. Employment is contingent on the results of a background check at the point of hire. Please direct any questions or inquiries to Human Resources.
- Receive deliveries at rear dock
- Deliver mail and packages to campus when assigned
- Pull materials (large quantities) to fill a mailing request made by a department for a special event
- Keep a clean and orderly warehouse/mail room (putting away materials after a job is completed, etc.)
- Assist incoming student, faculty, and staff with their mail or material requests
- Take mail to Post Office as assigned
- Process fulfillment orders
- Attend all staff and safety meetings