Department: Custodial Operations
Hours: 20 hours per week
The On-Call Custodian is responsible for performing routine cleaning, when called in, under direction of the Custodial Manager or Director of Campus Services.
The successful applicant must be dependable and have a positive attitude. Must be able to work as part of a team. Must be punctual. Must support the mission of DTS and Custodial Services.
The Seminary permits the employment of qualified relatives of employees, of the employee’s household, or immediate family as long as such employment does not, in the opinion of the Seminary, create actual conflicts of interest. More information about this policy is available upon request. Employment is contingent on the results of a criminal background check at the point of hire. The 2016 DTS Crime Report can be viewed at www.dts.edu/departments/campus/campuspolice/dallas/crimereport. We regret that we are unable to extend an invitation for an interview to every applicant. Only those applicants whose qualifications and experience appear to best match the needs of this position will be contacted. All applicants will be notified by email after the position has been filled. Please direct any questions or inquiries to Human Resources.
Typical duties include, but are not limited to:
- Attend all custodial staff and safety meetings
- Empty trash from all spaces
- Vacuum carpets
- Dust/wet mopping floors
- Disinfect/cleaning restrooms
- Clean whiteboards, water fountains, and work spaces
- Fill restroom dispensers
- Dust ledges, countertops, furniture, and desks
- Distribute Custodial Service supplies to closets around campus
- Clean inside Washington Hall and Swiss Tower
- Dust/clean blinds
- Wash trash receptacles and the interior and exterior of windows
- Clean vents, ducts, lights, and overhead items.
- Events clean-up
- Assist other Facility and Plant Operation departments when directed