Department: Career Services
Salary: $11-$12 per hour
The Placement and Career Services Coordinator will enable and assist Hispanic, African-American, and Asian graduating students and alumni of Dallas Theological Seminary in finding positions of ministry which are appropriate for their experience, training, and giftedness.
The successful applicant will be involved in the Hispanic, African-American, or Asian Community, have administrative experience, strong interpersonal skills, self-starter, independent decision maker, be a good problem solver, and is computer literate.
Desired skills are a Master’s Degree (completed or in progress), Alumnus of DTS, friendly and welcoming, good listener and encourager, uses wisdom to communicate with those who seek advice, and has the ability to handle confidential information.
- Placement of Alumni and Graduating Students
- Generally assist, encourage, counsel and advise alumni and graduating students in placement matters. Currently accomplished through personal interviews, correspondence, and regularly scheduled phone calls. This includes helping develop individual ministry search strategies, providing information for networking with schools or denominational agencies, and suggesting other resources.
- Refer alumni for specific ministry openings. This is accomplished through a computer search of the placement files and sending resumes of qualified alumni.
- Assist alumni for specific ministry openings. This is done through written instruction, written evaluation and feedback, and personal interviews.
- Counsel and assist alumni with respect to interviews and candidating opportunities.
- Provide information and counsel for appropriate self-assessment by alumni.
- Provide information about specific ministry opportunities to alumni and graduating students.
- Ministry to Churches and Organizations who need personnel
- Provide resumes of possible alumni candidates for specific openings to churches and organizations.
- Seek out and pursue, from any available source, possible placement opportunities for DTS alumni and graduating students.
- Inform and counsel churches regarding pastoral search procedure. Accomplished through written materials, correspondence and personal interaction.
- Miscellaneous Alumni and Church Relations Responsibilities
The mission of the Alumni and Career Services Department is to encourage, enable, and equip our alumni to become everything that God would have them become. Career Services is a very important component of that mission and ministry to our alumni, however it is one part of a larger ministry. Miscellaneous responsibilities include:
- Representing the Alumni office and welcoming visiting alumni during on-campus events (i.e. alumni reunions and conferences, DMin lunches, etc.)
- Networking with other ministries and alumni leaders to help assess needs and promote our graduates as possibilities to fill ministry positions as they arise.
- Assisting in other alumni ministries and activities as priorities and as the director dictate.