Department: Campus Police
Salary: $11.75 per hour
The Security Officer I maintains a campus environment in which people are safe from physical harm and property is secure in a manner which is consistent with federal, state, and local laws as well as Seminary regulations. This position ensures a climate conducive to ministry, academic study, extracurricular activity, and residential living.
The successful applicant will have a valid driver’s license and an excellent driving record. Must be able to analyze and respond to situations quickly, objectively, and accurately. Must respect the rights of others. Have a flexible schedule and be able to work any shift. Must have excellent communication skills and attention to detail. Must have proficiency in computers, be in good physical condition, and be willing to enforce campus policies. Must be able to write reports and perform work as directed. The ability to work well with others, be firm when necessary, and be a self-starter when working alone is desired. Security experience and experience with firearms is helpful.
- Patrols campus on foot, and with patrol vehicle, bicycle, or golf cart.
- Issues parking tickets, assists with arrests, and works with other Police Departments.
- Secures campus buildings, doors, and gates each night and unlocks in the morning.
- Types reports and issues parking permits.
- Answers all calls for service.
- Performs other duties as assigned.