Department: Student Life
Salary: $22,000-$24,000 yearly
The Student Life Receptionist role is the point person for all Student Life related issues. The Administrative Assistant for Ministry Formation Internship department by managing daily administrative activities.
The successful candidate will have strong interpersonal skills (enjoy interacting with others/personable and approachable), strong telephone and email skills (able to communicate information effectively, professionally, and graciously), be flexible, a team player with a positive attitude and willingness to learn and ask for help. They will also have the ability to work independently and creatively problem solve, have a basic knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel, and be proficient in typing, good at spelling, punctuation, and grammar. It is desired that the candidate have one or two years of intermediate office experience.
A minimum two-year commitment is requested. Employment is contingent on the results of a background check at the point of hire. Please direct any questions or inquiries to Human Resources.
- Answer incoming calls for the Student Life and Ministry Formation office
- Receive guests to the Student Life and Ministry Formation office
- Deal with queries from students and the public
- Manage Student Life and Ministry Formation email accounts
- Make appointments and manage calendars for Student Life and Ministry Formation staff
- Receive and sort mail and deliveries
- Maintain DTS Job and Internship Board
- Maintain student and leader database and files for Internship program
- Maintain Student Life bulletin boards, ad panels, and monitors
- Manage text alerts/email blasts to students, faculty, and staff for events
- Maintain student “special skills” list and “local services” list
- Order office supplies
- Provide general administrative and clerical support
- Maintain the reception area and general office areas
- Assist with Luke’s Closet donations (as needed)