Department: Information Technology
Hours: 40 hours per week
The System Administrator (SA) is responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure. This individual participates in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the infrastructure. This individual ensures that system hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures adhere to organizational values, enabling faculty, staff, students, and volunteers to fulfill the mission of Dallas Theological Seminary.
This individual will ensure accurate and timely backups are taken and retained for the desired retention and protection of computing systems as directed by the Director of Information Technology. The SA will strive to maintain the most practical disaster recovery plan. This individual is accountable for the following systems: Windows, Linux, and Apple server platforms, Microsoft Exchange email, Microsoft SQL Server, Microsoft Active Directory, VMware, vSphere, and vCenter, and all associated storage and peripherals.
The successful candidate will possess detailed knowledge and experience with Exchange 2016, Windows 2012r2 and later, MS IIS, MS SQL Server, MS Active Directory and Domain Controllers, MS Group Policies, LDAP, Terminal Services, DNS, DHCP, Print Server, HP ProLiant Servers, HP & Dell Blade Servers, NAS, SAN, VMWare, VSphere, VCenter, VEEAM backup, and related administration tools. Current experience working in a heterogeneous operating system and network environment is preferred.
The candidate should be comfortable working periodically in a project management environment, be task oriented, and a self-starter. The candidate must have a degree in Computer Science, a related field, or comparable combination of education and experience. This role will collaborate with other team members on cross-platform initiatives. The candidate will be able to interface well with technical, non-technical, and management personnel across departmental and project boundaries, and complete their responsibilities with projects on time. Experience working in an educational environment is a plus.
The ideal candidate will possess 5+ years’ experience performing Windows Server configuration, administration, Exchange server administration/configuration, and network/computer support, and end-user training, with experience supporting Exchange 2010-2016, MS SQL, Extensive Active Directory, VMWare Sphere/VCenter support, and VEEAM. This position will be supporting hosted Linux VM images, and experience is essential. Multi-factor authentication is a plus, as is MS Azure experience. The candidate must be able to evaluate technology and deliver presentations to technical and non-technical audiences. Experience managing large upgrade projects and operating system migration is essential, with a demonstrable understanding and passion regarding systems backups and recovery. HP server, EMC San, Tegile SAN, and VoIP is a bonus.
A minimum two-year commitment is requested. Employment is contingent on the results of a background check at the point of hire. Please direct any questions or inquiries to Human Resources.
- Maintain normal operations of Systems infrastructure
- Install new/rebuild existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements
- Research and recommend innovative, and where possible automated approaches for system administration tasks
- Identify approaches that leverage our resources and provide economies of scale
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups
- Perform regular security monitoring to identify any possible intrusions
- Perform daily backup operations, ensuring all required file systems and system data are successfully backed up to the appropriate media, recovery tapes or disks are created, and media is recycled and sent off site as necessary
- Perform regular file archival and purge as necessary
- Create, change, and delete user accounts per request
- Provide TierIII/other support per request from various constituencies
- Investigate and troubleshoot issues
- Repair and recover from hardware or software failures, coordinating and communicating with impacted constituencies
- Apply OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities, configuring/adding new services as necessary
- Upgrade and configure system software per project or operational needs
- Maintain operational, configuration, or other procedures
- Perform periodic performance reporting to support capacity planning
- Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required
- Maintain data center environmental and monitoring equipment
- Other tasks as directed by IT management or other representatives