Department: Information Technology
Salary: Commensurate with qualifications and experience
The System Administrator is responsible for effective positioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware, software, and related infrastructure. This position also ensures that system hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures adhere to organizational values, enabling faculty, staff, students, and volunteers to fulfill the mission of Dallas Theological Seminary.
The successful candidate will possess five or more years of experience performing Windows Server configuration, administration, Exchange server administration and configuration, network and computer support, and end-user training. Must be a self-starter, a team player, and able to manage projects efficiently while working in a fast paced environment. Strong interpersonal skills, professional appearance, attitude, and conduct are required. The applicant must have either a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field or a comparable combination of education and experience.
Must also have experience supporting Exchange 2010-2016, MS SQL, Extensive Active Directory, VMWare Sphere/VCenter support, VEEAM and hosted Linuz VM images. The ability to evaluate technology and deliver presentations to technical and non-technical audiences is required. Experience managing large upgrade projects and operating system migration is needed. Must have a demonstrable understanding and passion for systems backups and recovery.
Experience with HP server, EMC SAN, Tegile SAN, Various NAS solutions, PowerShell Scripting, and VolP is desired.
- Maintain normal operations of systems infrastructure
- Install new or rebuild existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements
- Participate in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation
- Ensure accurate and timely backups of computer systems and maintain a practical disaster recovery plan
- Maintain the following systems: Windows, Linux, Apple server platforms, Microsoft Exchange email, Microsoft SQL Server, Microsoft Active Directory, VMware vSphere and vCenter, and all associated storage and peripherals
- Perform daily system monitoring, review system and application logs, and verify completion of scheduled jobs such as backups
- Perform regular security monitoring to identify any possible intrusions
- Archive files regularly and purge as necessary
- Create, change, and delete user accounts per request
- Provide Tier III/other support per request from various constituencies
- Repair and recover from hardware or software failures
- Apply OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities
- Participate in negotiations for software purchases with vendors
- Upgrade and configure system software per project or operational needs
- Perform periodic performance reporting to support capacity planning
- Execute ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required and configure CPU, memory, and disk partitions as required
- Maintain data center environmental and monitoring equipment
- Complete other tasks as directed by IT management or other representatives