Salary: $10.00 per hour
The Weekend Warrior is responsible for supporting the Houston extension by serving as Receptionist on Saturdays. This position will report to the Houston Administrator and will work closely with other members of the staff and faculty of the Houston Extension.
The successful candidate will have excellent communication and interpersonal skills in-person and over the phone. Must have a servant’s heart and will be willing to take initiative in identifying ways to improve service to visitors, guests, faculty, co-workers, and students. A warm, approachable personality and the ability to handle multiple tasks at one time is required.
- Be present during Saturday classes.
- Manage phone calls for the Houston Miller Library.
- Greet students and guests that enter the library and direct them to requested resources.
- Monitor and assist students using the copy machine and the computers.
- Assist students with checking out and checking in books.
- Provide hospitality for faculty and visiting faculty on Saturdays (make copies, assist with computer set up if needed, etc.)
- Make Sam’s runs for supplies for students and faculty as needed.