To have a successful educational experience, students will need to have access to technology and basic technological skill.
- Desktop Computer - a tablet may be sufficient for some tasks, but every student will need access to a reasonably up to date desktop or laptop computer.
- Web Camera and Microphone - for online and distance courses, students will need a machine capable of running web conferencing software.
- Internet Connection - for online courses, students need a reliable internet connection with at least 1.5 Mbps download speed.
Software and Skills
- Word processor - for writing papers, DTS students will need access to a program such as Microsoft Word, Apple Pages, or Google Docs.
- Chrome Web Browser - students may use a variety of web browsers, but we have found Google Chrome to be the most reliable.
- Technology Skills - all students will be expected to write research papers. Those taking online courses will also need to use video recording, engage in discussion groups, and learn other technological skills.