Assistant Professor of Biblical CounselingBS, Texas Tech University, 2003; MABC, Dallas Theological Seminary, 2006; PhD, University of North Texas, 2010
As a professor in the Biblical counseling department, Dr. Thacker is passionate about teaching counseling students to integrate scripture and psychology and apply those concepts to real life counseling situations. In addition to her teaching responsibilities at DTS, Dr. Thacker maintains a small private practice in which she specializes with children and adolescents and supervises LPC-Interns. Dr. Thacker completed her training with a master’s degree in biblical counseling from DTS and a PhD in counselor education and supervision from the University of North Texas. She is a Licensed Professional Counselor,
a Board Approved Supervisor, and holds multiple certifications in counseling. Most importantly, she is married to Chad and they have three children: Emerson, William, and Webb.
- BC210 - Counseling Theory
- BC215 - Normal Human Growth
- BC240 - Research Methods & Statistics
- BC305 - Counseling and Ethics Practicum I
- BC310 - Counseling Practicum II
- BC315 - Counseling Practicum III
- BC325 - Counseling Practicum Elective
- BC405 - Introduction to Play Therapy
- BC410 - Filial Therapy
- BC415 - Group Play Activity Therapy
- BC430 - Death and Dying
Integrating Expressive Arts in the Therapeutic Process
Spending time with family
Playing the guitar
Re-finishing old furniture
DTS Voice Videos
DTS Voice Articles
- "Addressing the Neglect of Students of Color: The Strategy of Life Coaching." Journal of Sociology and Christianity (8:1). 2018. 23–42.
- "Research in counseling: A 10-year review to inform practice." Journal of Counseling and Development (Summer 2011:89). 2011. 349-359.