Buist M. Fanning
Adjunct Professor in New Testament StudiesBA, College of Charleston, 1970; ThM, Dallas Theological Seminary, 1974; DPhil, Oxford University, 1987.
Buist Fanning has taught at DTS for more than 40 years, while serving also in various leadership positions at his local church and in teaching Christian workers in 10 foreign countries. His passion is to know God and make Him known around the world and to see people transformed by the message of the Bible. His major teaching duties and research interests are New Testament Greek syntax and discourse analysis; New Testament criticism and backgrounds; and exegesis and theology of Romans, Pastoral Epistles, Hebrews, James, Peter, Jude, and Revelation.
- NT105 - Exegesis of Romans
- NT113 - New Testament Introduction
- NT205 - Advanced Greek Grammar
- NT360 - Pastoral Epistles
- NT365 - Epistle to the Hebrews
- RS101 - Orientation and Research Methods
- BS1002 - NT Backgrounds
- NT1001 - History of NT Interp & Crit
- NT1002 - NT Theology
New Testament theology
New Testament Greek grammar
windsurfing and kayaking
reading SC history
DTS Voice Videos
- Review of "Bible Translation in Chinese and Greek: Verbal Aspect in Theory and Practice." Theologische Literaturzeitung (137). 2012. 166-67.
- Review of "Discourse Grammar of the Greek New Testament: A Practical Introduction for Teaching and Exegesis." Expository Times (124). 2012. 96-97.
- Review of "The Linguist as Pedagogue: Trends in the Teaching and Linguistic Analysis of the Greek New Testament." Review of Biblical Literature 2011.
- Review of "Verbal Aspect, the Indicative Mood, and Narrative: Soundings in the Greek of the New Testament." Journal of the Evangelical Theological Society (51). 2008. 394-97.
- Review of "Jesus and His Death: Historiography, the Historical Jesus, and Atonement Theory." Bibliotheca Sacra (165). 2008. 249-50.
- Review of "The Letters to Timothy and Titus." Bibliotheca Sacra (165). 2008. 380-81.
- Review of "The Development of Greek and the New Testament: Morphology, Syntax, Phonology, and Textual Transmission." Bulletin for Biblical Research (18). 2008. 352-55.
- Review of "1 Peter." Bibliotheca Sacra (164). 2007. 504.
- Review of "1 and 2 Timothy, Titus." Bibliotheca Sacra (159:634). 2002. 251-252.
- Review of "A Critical and Exegetical Commentary on the Pastoral Epistles." Bibliotheca Sacra (159:634). 2002. 251-252.
- Review of "New Testament and Mythology and Other Basic Writings." Bibliotheca Sacra (143). 1986. 180-81.