Charles P. Baylis
Professor of Bible ExpositionBSE., University of Michigan, 1970; MBA, Eastern Michigan University, 1978; ThM, Dallas Theological Seminary, 1985; ThD, 1989.
Dr. Baylis has taught Bible Exposition at Dallas Theological Seminary for over 20 years. His love is teaching the biblical story and the literary exposition of each of the books as they contribute to the grand narrative of the Bible. Following this focus, his website, www.BiblicalStory.org, provides study and teaching resources for the evangelical community. In addition, he serves as a preacher, conference speaker, and Bible teacher and is author of a number of articles for journals as well as a book contributor. When he is not speaking or writing, he enjoys exploring the biblical sites in Israel, Greece, Turkey, and Italy.
- BE5102 - Old Testament History I
- BE5103 - OT History II & Poetry
- BE5104 - OT Prophets
- BE5105 - The Gospels
- BE5106 - Acts & Pauline Epistles
- BE5107 - Hebrews, General Epistles, & Revelation
- BE5109 - Ruth, Psalms, Jonah, & Selected Epistles
- BE5201 - The Story of Scripture: Genesis to Revelation
- BE5405 - Exposition of Genesis
- BE5430 - Sermon on the Mount
- BE5505 - The Kingdom & Covenants
the biblical story
Local church activities
Exploring biblical sites
DTS Voice Videos
- "Naomi in the Book of Ruth in Light of the Mosaic Covenant." Bibliotheca Sacra (161:644). 2004. 413-31.
- "The Meaning of Walking "In the Darkness" (1 John 1:6)." Bibliotheca Sacra (149:594). 1992. 214-22.
- "Repentance in the Book of Acts in Light of Deuteronomy 30:1-6." Michigan Theological Journal (1:1). 1990. 19-34.
- "The Woman Caught in Adultery : A Test of Jesus As the Greater Prophet." Bibliotheca Sacra (146:582). 1989. 171-84.