Charles W. Dickens
Department Chair and Professor of Biblical CounselingBS, Texas Wesleyan University, 1991; MA, Southern Methodist University, 1993; PhD, 1995.
Prior to joining the faculty Dr. Dickens served as an associate pastor in the areas
of pastoral care and counseling. He has previously served on the faculty of Biola University and has taught seminary and graduate-level courses internationally in Austria, Hong Kong, and Sri Lanka. Dr. Dickens is professionally active in the American Association of Christian Counselors and also serves as a contributing editor for the Journal of Psychology and Theology. He is married to Rebecca and they have two children: Joshua and Jillian.
- BC5101 - Pastoral Counseling
- BC5215 - Normal Human Growth
- BC5225 - Abnormal Human Behavior
- BC5240 - Research Methods & Statistics
- BC5245 - Appraisal & Assessment Techniques
- BC5305 - Counseling and Ethics Practicum I
- BC5310 - Counseling Practicum II
- BC5315 - Counseling Practicum III
- BC5325 - Counseling Practicum Elective
- DM7635 - Marriage & Family Counseling
the role of evangelism in Christian counseling
counseling and missions
the psychology of belief.
hanging out with my family
traveling to new places.