Dorian G. Coover-Cox
Professor of Old Testament StudiesBA, Wheaton College, 1975; MA(BS), Dallas Theological Seminary, 1984; ThM, 1988; PhD, 2001.
Dr. Coover-Cox has been a part of DTS as a student, a teacher, and associate editor for Bibliotheca Sacra. Originally she came to the Seminary to become a better editor; she found, however, that what she enjoys most about editing is helping people learn. While still an editor, she has found her niche in the classroom as well, encouraging students as they learn Hebrew. She has special interest in the Book of Exodus and in literary analysis of narratives and poetry.
- OT5101 - Elements of Hebrew I
- OT5102 - Elements of Hebrew II
- OT5103 - Hebrew Exegesis and Old Testament Introduction I
- OT5104 - Hebrew Exegesis and Old Testament Introduction II
- OT5310 - Hebrew Reading
- OT5407 - Exegesis of Exodus
Teaching methods for Hebrew
DTS Voice Videos
- "The Hardening of Pharaoh’s Heart in Its Literary and Cultural Contexts." Bibliotheca Sacra (163). 2006. 292-311.
- Review of "From Exegesis to Exposition: a Practical Guide to Using Biblical Hebrew." Bibliotheca Sacra (156). 1999. 374-375.
- Review of "Greek Grammar beyond the Basics: an Exegetical Syntax of the New Testament." Bibliotheca Sacra (154). 1997. 118-120.
- Review of "The Dictionary of Classical Hebrew, V 1: Aleph." Bibliotheca Sacra (153). 1996. 116-117.