Elliott E. Johnson
Senior Professor of Bible ExpositionBS, Northwestern University, 1959; ThM, Dallas Theological Seminary, 1964; ThD, 1968.
Dr. Johnson is the founder of the Asian Theological Seminary and has taught extensively overseas, including the Philippines, Poland, the former Czechoslovakia, Romania, and Russia. He also has ministered in Austria, Brazil, England, Germany, Israel, and Scotland. Dr. Johnson joined the Seminary as afaculty member in 1972 and as a pastor of a Dallas-area church the same year. He is a member of the Evangelical Theological Society (ETS) and has published in the field of hermeneutics. He is on the board of the Dispensational Study Group and has published in the field. Elliott and his wife Inge have six
children and 19 grandchildren..
- BE101 - Bible Study Methods and Hermeneutics
- BE102 - Old Testament History I
- BE103 - OT History II & Poetry
- BE105 - The Gospels
- BE106 - Acts & Pauline Epistles
- BE220 - Advanced Hermeneutics
- BE225 - Interp Progressive Revelation
- BE2021 - Seminar in the Gospel and Acts
- BS1003 - Hermeneutics
- DM205 - Selected Topics of Biblical Issues in Today's Ministry
Bible study methods
DTS Voice Videos
- Review of "Plowshares and Pruning Hooks: Rethinking the Language of Biblical Prophecy and Apocalyptic Literature." Bibliotheca Sacra (162:645). 2005. 119-120.
- Review of "The New Covenant Ministry of the Holy Spirit." Bibliotheca Sacra (160:639). 2003. 374-375.
- Review of "Is There a Meaning in This Text? the Bible, the Reader, and the Morality of Literary Knowledge." Bibliotheca Sacra (156). 1999. 364-366.
- Review of "New Horizons in Hermeneutics: The Theory and Practice of Transforming Biblical Reading." Bibliotheca Sacra (150). 1993. 501-502.
- "Hermeneutical Principles and the Interpretation of Psalm 110." Bibliotheca Sacra (149). 1992. 428-437.
- Review of "Culture and Biblical Hermeneutics: Interpreting and Applying Authoritative Word in a Relativistic Age." Bibliotheca Sacra (147). 1990. 495-495.
- "What I Mean by Historical-grammatical Interpretation and How That Differs from Spiritual Interpretation." Grace Theological Journal (11). 1990. 157-169.
- "Dual Authorship and the Single Intended Meaning of Scripture." Bibliotheca Sacra (143). 1986. 218-227.