French A. Jones
Professor of Biblical CounselingBS, Georgia State University, 1972; ThM, Dallas Theological Seminary, 1980; PhD, University of North Texas, 1988.
In addition to serving on the faculty at DTS, Dr. Jones is a Licensed Professional Counselor Supervisor with a private practice specializing in marriage and divorce issues. For twelve years he served as a pastor/counselor for singles at a church in Dallas and also has been the executive director and clinical director at the Swiss Avenue Counseling Center in downtown Dallas. Dr. Jones belongs to the American Association of Christian Counselors and the Christian Association for Psychological Studies. He is a former staff member of both Cru (Campus Crusade for Christ) and Probe Ministries. He was also Director for the Global Counseling Initiative, a ministry of counseling missionaries overseas. He and his wife, Amy, enjoy hiking in Colorado, fly-fishing, traveling, and cooking.
- BC210 - Counseling Theory
- BC220 - Counseling Methods & Techniques
- BC230 - Lifestyle & Career Development
- BC235 - Social & Cultural Foundations
- BC250 - Professional Orientation
- BC310 - Counseling Practicum II
- BC315 - Counseling Practicum III
- BC320 - Counseling Practicum IV
- BC325 - Counseling Practicum Elective
- BC422 - Marital Counseling
- DM103 - Applied Research Project
Single adult issues and substance abuse counseling