George M. Hillman
Vice President of Student Life; Dean of Students; Professor of Educational Ministries and LeadershipBS, Texas A&M University, 1990; MDiv, Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary, 1994; PhD, 2004.
Dr. Hillman has a passion for education, spiritual formation, and leadership development. He came to Dallas Theological Seminary with years of ministry experience in churches and parachurch organizations in Texas and Georgia. Nationally known in theological field education, he has been active in leadership of both the Association of Theological Field Education (former member of the Steering Committee) and the Evangelical Association of Theological Field Educators (former two-time co-chair). He and his wife have one daughter.
- EML103 - Teaching Process
- DM425 - Communicating in Contemporary Culture
- DM510 - Leadership Evaluation and Development
- DM535 - Dev Leadership through Mentoringand Coaching
- "Can Seminaries Prepare Students for the Real World?" Church Executive. January/February 2016.
DTS Voice Videos
- "Partnering for Formation in Ministry: A Descriptive Survey of On-Site Field Education Mentoring." Reflective Practice: Formation and Supervision in Ministry (29). 2009.
- "Finding the Right Fit: Profiles of Ministry Stage II at Dallas Theological Seminary." Colloquy (17:1). 2008. 32-34.
- "Leadership Practices of Non-Traditional Seminary Students." Journal of Research on Christian Education (17:1). 2008. 54-80.
- "Finding the Right Fit." Colloquy (17:1). 2008. 32-34.
- "Changing Face of Seminarians." Ministry Mentor 2007.
- "Leadership Practices and Current Ministry Experiences of Master's Level Seminary Students." Christian Higher Education (5:2). 2006. 141-160.
- "From Passive to Active." Ministry Mentor 2006.
- "Two Faces of Courageous Love." Ministry Mentor 2006.
- "Blazing Your Own Trail." Ministry Mentor 2005.