W. Hall Harris
Senior Professor of New Testament StudiesBA, North Carolina State University, 1974; ThM, Dallas Theological Seminary, 1978; PhD, University of Sheffield, 1989.
A DTS faculty member for over forty years, Dr. Harris has worked extensively on the Gospel of John, and now collaborates with faculty from other departments teaching courses on C.S. Lewis, J.R.R. Tolkien, science fiction, and the intersection of theology and technology. His wife is a native of Germany, and he worked closely with the German Bible Society (Deutsche Bibelgesellschaft) as lead editor of the New English Translation— Novum Testamentum Graece New Testament. Since 1995, Dr. Harris has served as Project Director and Managing Editor of The NET Bible (New English Translation), the first modern Bible translation to be published freely on the internet (netbible.org) and now published in print by Thomas Nelson Bibles. He has served as both translator and General Editor for The Lexham Greek-English Interlinear New Testament: SBL Edition, and General Editor and NT translator for the Lexham English Bible (LEB). Dr. Harris serves on the board of directors of the Center for the Study of New Testament Manuscripts (CSNTM.org), and as an ordained minister, he has served in various churches as pastor of single adults, elder, adult Sunday school teacher, and small group leader.
- NT5103 - Intermediate Greek
- NT5104 - Introduction to New Testament Exegesis
- NT5305 - Exegesis of Gospel Narrative
- NT5325 - Gospel of John
- ID7201 - Computer Tools for Biblical Exegesis
- NT8101 - History of New Testament Interpretation and Criticism
- NT8102 - NT Theology
- NT8230 - Seminar on the Gospel and Epistles
- NT5380 - The Epistles of John and Johannine Theology
- NT8235 - Seminar on Apocalyptic Genre
epistles of John
second temple Judaism
computer and internet tools for biblical research
project director and managing editor for The NET Bible
C. S. Lewis
Air and Space History
Bible Translation and Printing
European Prototype Model Railroading
Military History (esp. WWII)
DTS Voice Videos
DTS Voice Articles
- Review of "Luke 1:1-9:50." Bibliotheca Sacra (154). 1997. 109-111.
- Review of "Luke 9:51-24:53." Bibliotheca Sacra (154). 1997. 109-111.
- Review of "The Quest for the Origin of John's Gospel: a Source-oriented Approach." Bibliotheca Sacra (152). 1995. 375-376.
- Review of "Reading John: a Literary and Theological Commentary on the Fourth Gospel and the Johannine Epistles." Bibliotheca Sacra (152). 1995. 376-376.
- Review of "Belief in the Word: Reading the Fourth Gospel, John 1-4." Bibliotheca Sacra (152). 1995. 117-117.
- Review of "The Farewell of the Word: The Johannine Call to Abide." Bibliotheca Sacra (152). 1995. 117-118.
- "The Ascent and Descent of Christ in Ephesians 4:9-10." Bibliotheca Sacra (151). 1994. 198-214.
- Review of "Dictionary of Modern Theological German." Bibliotheca Sacra (150). 1993. 375-375.
- Review of "The Johannine Epistles: a Commentary." Bibliotheca Sacra (150). 1993. 377-377.
- Review of "The Theology of the Letter to the Hebrews." Bibliotheca Sacra (150). 1993. 124-125.
- Review of "John." Bibliotheca Sacra (149). 1992. 122-123.
- Review of "The Gospel According to John." Bibliotheca Sacra (149). 1992. 122-122.
- ""The Heavenlies" Reconsidered : Ouranos and Epouranios in Ephesians." Bibliotheca Sacra (148). 1991. 72-89.
- Review of "Showing the Spirit: A Theological Exposition of 1 Corinthians 12-14." Bibliotheca Sacra (146). 1989. 112-112.
- Review of "An Exegetical Bibliography of the New Testament, V 3: John and 1, 2, 3 John." Bibliotheca Sacra (145). 1988. 358-359.
- Review of "The Anointed Community: The Holy Spirit in the Johannine Tradition." Bibliotheca Sacra (145). 1988. 358-358.