Assistant Professor of Theological StudiesBS, The Criswell College, 1997; ThM, Dallas Theological Seminary, 2000; PhD, 2008
Dr. John Adair emphasizes guiding his students toward a Christ-centered, historically informed faith. His research interests include historical exegesis and the role of culture in theology. Prior to joining the faculty at DTS, Dr. Adair spent several years as a writer at Insight for Living. He and his wife, Laura, have three children—Nicholas, Harper, and Thomas.
- HT5101 - The Church to the Modern Era
- HT5102 - Church in the Modern Era: Europe and America
- ST5101 - Theological Method and Bibliology
- ST5102 - Trinitarianism
- ST5103 - Angelology, Anthropology, and Hamartiology
- ST5104 - Soteriology
- ST5105 - Sanctification and Ecclesiology
- ST5106 - Eschatology
- ST5295 - Systematic Theology Colloquium
- ST5620 - History of Philosophy
- HT5218 - Early Christian Literature
Culture and Theology
DTS Voice Articles
- "The Power and Will of God: Justin’s Christological Confession." Studia Patristica (XLV). 2010. 361-366.
- "Film and the Incarnation." Collide Magazine (July/August 2008). 2008.