James H. Thames
Associate Professor of Educational Ministries and Leadership, Academic Dean, Dean of Academic AdministrationBA, Grace University, 1978; ThM, Dallas Theological Seminary, 1985; PhD, University of North Texas, 1997.
From his unique position as faculty and administrative staff member, Dr. Thames understands frontline teaching and behind-the-scenes logistics. Since joining the Seminary in 1984 he has served in a variety of positions and has been involved in establishing a professional association for registrars and admissions officers for theological schools. His areas of special interest include administration and accreditation in Christian higher education. In addition, Dr. Thames, an ordained minister, has been involved in overseas ministry and is active in his local church, including several years of service as a teacher and member of the board of elders. Both he and his wife, Laurie, grew up in Colorado and have a love for the outdoors. In fact, most of their vehicles are easily identified by the Colorado Native bumper sticker they sport. Dr. Thames and his wife have two married daughters.
- EML101 - Introduction to Educational Ministries and Leadership
- EML102 - History & Philosophy of Christian Education
- EML103 - Teaching Process
- EML105 - Teaching Process and Media Presentations
- EML310 - Admin in Christian Higher Education
- EML315 - Introduction to Christian Mentoring and Coaching
- EML365 - Administrative Process
Accreditation in higher education