Assistant Professor of Biblical Counseling, DTS-DCBA, University of California at Los Angeles, 1976; MBA, Atlanta University, 1978; MA/BC, Dallas Theological Seminary, 2010; EdD, University of Southern California, 2014.
Dr. Woody is a graduate of the DTS Counseling program with several years of ministry and business experience. She served in Bible Study Fellowship for nearly fifteen years in a number of roles including Teaching Leader. In the summer 2016, she became a resident MABC faculty member of DTS-Washington, DC. She is a Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC), and ordained minister, and a conference and seminar presenter. Her on-going training and teaching interests include social and cultural issues for women and at-risk youth, K-12 public education reform, and working in inpatient mental health facilities. Her passion is to equip and empower clients through counseling interventions and creative educational strategies. Dr. Woody enjoys international travel, college sports, health club workouts, teaching in youth ministry, and spending time with her children (Jason, Lindsey and Kelsey) and her poodles (Jordan and Jay).
- BC215 - Normal Human Growth
- BC220 - Counseling Methods & Techniques
- BC230 - Lifestyle & Career Development
- BC235 - Social & Cultural Foundations
- BC250 - Professional Orientation
- BC255 - Addictions and Compulsive Behaviors
- BC280 - Group Counseling
- BC305 - Counseling and Ethics Practicum I
- BC310 - Counseling Practicum II
- BC315 - Counseling Practicum III
- BC325 - Counseling Practicum Elective
- BC436 - Diagnosis and Treatment of Trauma Disorders
Creative educational strategies
The Dallas Cowboys