Sue G. Edwards
Associate Professor of Educational Ministries and LeadershipBA, Trinity University, 1969; MA(BS), Dallas Theological Seminary, 1989; DMin, Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary, 2004.
Dr. Edward’s heartbeat is to reinforce ministry partnerships between men and women, which strengthen church and parachurch organizations locally and worldwide. She has thirty-five years of experience in Christian education and Bible teaching, directing women’s ministry, retreat and conference speaking, training teams and teachers, overseeing staff, and writing curriculum. As former pastor to women at her local church she experienced healthy men and women partnerships on staff, and her passion is to pass on what she has learned. She is the author of Organic Mentoring, Leading Women Who Wound , Mixed Ministry, New Doors in Ministry to Women and Women’s Retreats: A Creative Planning Guide and the Discover Together Bible Study Series, which includes the following books: Philippians: Discovering Joy Through Relationship, Daniel: Discovering the Courage to Stand for Your Faith, Luke: Discovering Healing in Jesus’ Words to Women, First Peter: Discovering Encouragement in Troubling Times, Proverbs, Ancient Wisdom for a Postmodern world, Volume 1 & 2, Ephesians: Discovering Your Identity and Purpose in Christ, and Revelation: Discovering Life Today and for Eternity. Married to David, she especially enjoys romping with their five grandchildren. Dr. Edwards’s research and teaching interests include women’s epistemologies and leadership styles. She is the mentor professor with Dr. Joye Baker in DTS’s Women in Ministry concentration of the Doctor of Ministry and the Doctor of Educational Ministries degrees.
- EML101 - Introduction to Educational Ministries and Leadership
- EML103 - Teaching Process
- EML425 - Effective Ministry with Adults
- EML435 - Effective Ministry with Women
- EML450 - Women Teaching Women
- DM805 - Women in Christian Leadership
- DM810 - The Role of Women Related to Biblical, Historical, & Futuristic Issues
- DM815 - Understanding Women in Contemporary Culture
West Highland terriers
DTS Voice Videos
DTS Voice Articles
- Passing on God’s Reliable Truth: Mentoring the Next Generation
- The Male Church Leader's Guide to Female Conflict Resolution
- Mixed Ministry: Working as Brothers and Sisters in an Oversexed Society
- Blessed Are the Peacemakers: Preventing Conflict
- Growing Women in the Faith
- "People-Pleaser or a Bulldozer?." Just Between Us (19:4). 2009. 26-28.
- "Blessed Are the Peacemakers." Kindred Spirit (22:2). 1998. 8-11.