Associate Professor of Media Arts and WorshipBA, Washington Bible College, 1981; ThM, Dallas Theological Seminary, 2001; PhD, University of Texas at Dallas, 2013.
In addition to teaching on-campus classes, Dr. Glahn teaches immersive courses in Italy and Great Britain, as well as immersive courses in writing and in worship. Dr. Glahn is a multi-published author of both fiction and non-fiction, a journalist, and a speaker who advocates for thinking that transforms, especially on topics relating to art, gender, sexual intimacy in marriage, and first-century backgrounds as they relate to gender. Dr. Glahn’s more than twenty books reveal her interests in bioethics, sexuality, and biblical women. She has also written eleven Bible studies in the Coffee Cup Bible Study series. A regular blogger at Engage, bible.org’s site for women in Christian leadership, she is the owner of Aspire Productions, and served as editor-in-chief for Kindred Spirit from 1999 to 2016. She and her husband have one adult daughter.
- BC498 - Sexuality & Ethics
- MW203 - Worship Arts in the Church
- MW206 - British Authors, Biblical Themes
- MW301 - Creative Writing in Ministry
- MW302 - Writing for Publication
- PM351 - Role of Women in Ministry
- PM905 - Special Topics in Pastoral Ministries
- DM103 - Applied Research Project
- DM901 - Independent Study
Women in antiquity
The role of women in ministry
Independent studies in literature and fiction and memoir writing
Sexual intimacy in marriage
Stem cell research
Working with infertility patients
The Women's Movement and the church--Early Modern Period through Second-Wave Feminism
DTS Voice Videos
DTS Voice Articles
- A Visual and Martial Arts Sensei: Profile of Keith D. Yates
- What Good is Valentine’s Day?
- Can Any Good Thing Come Out of Nazareth?
- Dr. Charles C. Ryrie (1925-2016)
- The Blood of the Martyrs Should Drive Us to Pray
- DTS and the NIV: 50 Years and Counting
- A Madness Most Discreet: Join DTS for Arts Week 2015
- Every Meal a Eucharist: Introducing DTS Magazine
- DTS grad stars in War Room
- How To Read the Bible Like a Seminary Professor: An Interview with Dr. Mark Yarbrough
- Lifting Up Christ While Lifting Weights: Spencer Arnold (MA/CE, 2014)
- Serving Living Water in an Oasis: DTS Grad Gloria Furman
- The Importance of Doing Nothing
- Living with a Disability
- The Gift of Work
- Sumatra with the Seven Churches
- Leaving a Legacy
- A Prof Like No Other
- Israel: Encounter God as Storyteller II
- Jordan: Encounter God as Storyteller
- The Gift God Still Wants
- Informed Consent
- Premium Roast with Ruth
- Sharpen Your Focus
- Storytelling: The Twelve Ways of Christmas
- Empty Arms, Heavy Burden
- Vindicate the Villain?
- Espresso with Esther
- Why We Honor the Human Embryo
- A Man of God: Profile of Dr. Mark L. Bailey
- "The First-Century Ephesian Artemis: Ramifications of Her Identity." Bibliotheca Sacra (172:688). 2015.
- "Book Review: She can teach: empowering women to teach the Scriptures effectively." Bibliotheca Sacra (171:683). 2014. 316-34.
- "Book Review: A Royal ‘Waste’ of Time: The Splendor of Worshiping God and Being Church for the World." Bibliotheca Sacra (157:628). 2000. 506.
- "The Identity of Artemis of the Ephesians in First-Century Ephesus." Bibliotheca Sacra (172:687). 1753. 316–34.