Timothy J. Basselin
Assistant Professor of Media Arts and WorshipBA, Evangel University, 1998; MA, Fuller Theological Seminary, 2002; PhD, 2010.
Dr. Basselin taught at multiple colleges throughout the Chicago area before coming to DTS in 2013. With research interests in theology of disability and weakness, as well as the interaction between theology, culture, and literature, he is well suited for his role in the Department of Media Arts and Worship. He is on the editorial board for Christian Scholar’s Review. Dr. Basselin also serves as the director of the Media Arts apprenticeship program at DTS and enjoys collaborating with his students. He and his wife, Robin, have four children and enjoy road trips and camping.
- MW101 - The Art of Media and Worship
- MW102 - Media Arts Apprenticeship
- MW103 - A Christian View of Art
- MW204 - Theology at Sundance Film Festival
- MW304 - Theology and Contemporary Literature
- MW305 - C.S. Lewis and J.R.R. Tolkien: Imaginary Worlds and Learning Moral Virtue
- MW603 - Collaborative Practices in Art and Theology
Theology of disability and weakness