View commencement event photos on DTS’s Facebook page. Please tag your graduate and leave an encouraging comment.
Commencement Chapel, May 12
The Seminary’s 2017 commencement festivities got underway with a special chapel service held at Scofield Memorial Church Friday morning. In the evening graduates and their guests gathered on campus for a Texas-style party with main course barbecue, baked beans, and peach cobbler for dessert.
An aerial view of the Texas-size graduation BBQ honoring the amazing class of 2017. To God be the glory!
Commencement Ceremony, May 13
On Saturday, Dallas Theological Seminary celebrated God’s faithful work in the lives of more than 300 new graduates at commencement exercises held at Prestonwood Baptist Church.
In total, 314 of our 401 graduates participated in the ceremony. The remaining graduated in absentia. This year our graduates came from eighteen countries and all of DTS’s degree programs were represented in this graduating class:
- Master of Arts - 142
- Certificate of Biblical and Theological Studies/Chinese Certificate of Graduate Studies - 16
- Master of Theology (ThM) - 77
- Master of Biblical and Theological Studies (MBTS) - 38
- Doctor of Ministry/Doctor of Educational Ministry (DMin/DEdMin) - 28, including 7 from the Spanish-language program in Guatemala City
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) - 4
- Master of Sacred Theology - 2
- Dual Degrees - 7
Fifty-six of the graduates completed a majority of their coursework online. And 95 of the graduates took a portion or all of their coursework from one of our seven extension centers located in Atlanta, Austin, Houston, Knoxville, San Antonio, Tampa, and Washington, DC, or from one of our Doctor of Ministry extensions in Guatemala City, Guatemala.
For the names of all of the graduates, as well as a list of special honors and awards, see the commencement program.