Why Come to SuperWeek?
SuperWeek allows you to complete up to six hours of residency in a single week, or twelve hours of residency in two weeks!
What is a SuperWeek?
DTS has designed this special breed of Online and Distance Education course that we call SuperWeek. It’s a course format that utilizes everything you’re already accustomed to in a typical online course, but it includes an intense face-to-face instruction and interaction component.
Please note: SuperWeek courses cannot be completed in one week; they are full-semester length hybrid courses with weeklong intensives.
May 21-25, 2018 - EML101 (3hrs; M-W) & BE103 (2hrs; W-F) - More details to come.
June 4-8, 2018 - BE102 (3hrs; M-F) & ST103 (3hrs; M-F) - More details to come.
This Facebook group discusses all things pertaining to SuperWeek. While this group will be used for DTS to communicate SuperWeek related information to students, students may also utilize this group as a forum for Q&A, to coordinate travel and lodging logistics with one another, share photos taken during SuperWeek, etc.
- Am I required to take both classes each week?
No. Previous SuperWeeks required students to register and/or audit both classes each week. This is no longer required. You may now register for only one of the SuperWeek courses.
- How do I register?
- Complete the SuperWeek registration form.
- Registered SuperWeek students (those who completed the SuperWeek registration form) will be added to courses automatically when semester registration officially opens. At that time the full cost of SuperWeek (tuition, fees, and meal package) will be billed to their account.
- Payment can be made to one's account at any time before April 20, 2018, which is the payment deadline for all summer courses. Payment arrangements can be made through Tuition Management Systems (TMS).
- Will I have to do any course work before I come to Dallas and after I return home?
Yes. These courses have pre- and post- course work that will span the entire semester (May 14-Aug 10, 2018).
- What is the registration deadline for SuperWeek?
SuperWeek registration deadlines are the same as all other Summer 2018 courses. Please refer to the Registration schedule at: http://www.dts.edu/departments/campus/registrar/
- Who can participate in a SuperWeek?
Priority will be given to mobile and distance education students, because SuperWeek was designed for the mobile MACL degree program and other distance education students. However, all students are welcome to participate, if space is available. Mobile and distance education students should pre-register (on the SuperWeek website) from February 1 to March 4, 2018 to guarantee their spot. After March 5, 2018, all students, including Dallas campus students, are eligible to register for SuperWeek.
- Can my spouse audit one or both courses?
- Possibly. Spouses of students may be able to audit one or both courses each week. There are a limited number of seats available, however. Contact the professor for each course for more information. Your spouse may register to audit a SuperWeek course through the Registrar’s office (email@example.com). Spouses who audit SuperWeek courses are required to purchase the meal package.
Tuition & Cost
- How much does it cost?
The total cost will include tuition and fees plus the cost of your meal package for each week (TBA-currently in negotiations). Note: Lodging and transportation are not included.
- Are there any special payment arrangements for a SuperWeek?
- When combined with tuition and fees, SuperWeek can be paid for through the TMS program. Contact the Bursar’s office for more details.
- Can I use the seminary payment system (TMS) for the meal package at DTS?
- Yes, please contact the Bursar’s office for more details.
- Is financial aid available for SuperWeek courses?
- Financial Aid is not available during the Summer session. Contact the Financial Aid Office for details.
- How will this type of class be certified with the VA?
- The courses will be certified as resident courses, from the beginning to ending dates of the semester. Therefore, VA benefits can be used for tuition and fees (possibly even hotel and food charges—check with your VA representative) for SuperWeek courses.
- What is the cancellation deadline and do I get a refund?
Cancellation and refunds will follow the seminary’s refund schedule as outlined in the catalog.
- Is the cost of hotel, food, etc. included in the tuition cost?
No. The cost of the hotels, transportation, and meals are separate from tuition cost. The meal package will be added to your account separately.
Lodging, Meals, & Transportation
- Is my travel to Dallas or hotel lodging included in my tuition?
No, you must make your travel, lodging, and transportation arrangements separately.
- What are my lodging options?
This hotel is the best option we can recommend. They offer rooms to DTS students for (TBA-currently in negotiations) and they have a free shuttle service that will get you to and from the DTS campus each day. However, you will need to make other transportation arrangements to get to and from the airport. This hotel offers breakfast and dinner for an extra charge. There are also many restaurants within walking distance, or shuttle ride distance, from the hotel. For more information, see the hotel’s website (linked above).
This hotel is the second best option we can recommend. They offer rooms to DTS students for (TBA-currently in negotiations) and they serve free hot breakfast every day. There are also many restaurants within walking distance of the hotel. You can walk, take a DART bus, or a taxi to get to and from the DTS campus. For more information, see the hotel’s website (linked above).
If you choose to book a room at either of the above hotels, make sure you ask for the Dallas Theological Seminary discount and be prepared to show a DTS ID when you arrive.
If you need a DTS ID card, email firstname.lastname@example.org with a headshot and your student ID number. We’ll get one in the mail to you immediately.
Dallas Area Accommodations: http://www.dts.edu/admissions/visitcampus/areahotels/
DTS Student Housing sublease: http://www.dts.edu/departments/campus/housing/wintersummerhousing/subleaseinformation/
- What are my transportation options?
DART (Dallas Area Rapid Transit): www.dart.org If you stay at one of the hotels suggested above, you can take the DART train from the airport to your hotel. You will get off at the St. Paul station for Hotel Indigo and Union Station for the La Quinta.
Dallas Yellow Cab: www.dallasyellowcab.com
Supershuttle (to/from DFW airport or to/from Dallas Love Field) www.supershuttle.com
Most major car rental agencies are available at DFW and Dallas Love Field.
- Must I purchase the Meal Package?
- How many meals are included in the meal package?
Your meal package will include lunches for each day you have class.
- What if I have special dietary needs or food allergies?
We will make every effort to accommodate food allergies or restrictions. Please indicate any dietary restrictions or allergies during registration. Please don’t hesitate to call us if you have special concerns.
- What are the local attractions?
Check out our map.
SuperWeek Course Rotations
|Session||Residency Dates||Location||Course 1||Course 2|
|Summer||May 21-25||Dallas||EML101 (3 hrs; M-W)||BE103 (2 hrs; W-F)|
|June 4-8||Dallas||BE102 (3 hrs; M-F)||ST103 (3 hrs; M-F)|
|Session||Residency Dates||Location||Course 1||Course 2|
|Summer||TBD||Dallas||BE--- (3 hrs)||ST102 (3 hrs)|
|TBD||Dallas||BE105 (2 hrs)||EML105 (3 hrs)|
|Fall||TBD||Dallas||BE103 (2 hrs)||EML330 (3 hrs)|