WEC 2015 Event Descriptions
Monday Kickoff Events
- WEC Kickoff Chapel is a time of corporate worship designed to introduce the audience to the conference theme and celebrate our Redeemer.
- International Dessert is an intense dessert competition where our international students/faculty share some of their best desserts from their home countries.
Tuesday – Friday Daily Conference Events
- Prayer is a time set apart to enjoy the presence of the Lord, celebrate the Gospel, and ask the Lord to do a mighty work on campus and around the world.
- Seminars are designed for equipping, namely to teach or prepare the audience to engage specific aspects of mission/ministry throughout the world.
- The Global Café is an opportunity for the audience to meet the exhibitors while enjoying free coffee and snacks.
- The Plenary Session is a time of corporate worship (through prayer, music, scripture, preaching, etc.) that seeks to spur believers on to live out the Truth of God's Word.
- Exhibitor Workshops are given to the exhibiting organizations for them to either teach on a particular mission-related topic or give the audience a chance to get to know their organization in a much deeper way.
Tuesday Night Only
- Creativity Café features student work in music, art, poetry, and media that is geared toward worship with a global focus. All pieces are presented and/or written by students.
- The Q&A Dinner is for food, fellowship, and Q&A with the Plenary Speaker. Dinner is free and open to students, faculty, and exhibitors.
- Evangelism Bootcamp is an event designed to equip students in evangelism. There will be a time for teaching, sending, and sharing.
Thursday Lunch Only
- Counseling Luncheon is led by The Couch and is a time for the student body to enjoy fellowship, encouragement, and interaction with the Luncheon speaker.
- Dessert Night with Profs and Reps is an informal night for students to talk with professors and the mission representatives over dessert. Families are welcome to attend.