In this series, Dr. Darrell Bock and Dr. Richard Averbeck discuss the Genesis creation account and the historical Adam.
In this series, Dr. Darrell Bock and Dr. Dwight Ekholm discuss cultural engagement in Muslim contexts, including current issues and practical advice based on Dr. Ekholm’s experience ministering to refugees in Europe.
Dr. Mark Bailey, Dr. Darrell Bock, Dr. Scott Horrell and Dr. Imad Shehadeh discuss the challenges of Bible translation Muslim cultures.
Dr. Darrell Bock, Dr. Lanier Burns, Dr. Scott Horrell, and Dr. Leopoldo Sanchez discuss the selection of Pope Francis and its impact on the Catholic and Protestant churches
Dr. Darrell Bock and Dr. Reg Grant discuss how to engage and reveal Christ to culture through art, media, and storytelling.
- Part 1 » Beginnings in Media Arts (03/05/13)
- Part 2 » Influencing Culture Through Media Arts (03/12/13)
- Part 3 » Stories Mirror the World and Invite Reflection (03/19/13)
- Part 4 » The Calling of a Christian Artist in the Media (03/26/13)
- Part 5 » Naima Lett Interview: Confessions of a Hollywood Christian (03/27/13)
For more than 50 years Dr. Howard Hendricks, known affectionately as "Prof," influenced the lives of students through his teaching. In this 2008 interview Dr. Mark Bailey, president of Dallas Seminary, sat down with Prof to talk about what it means to leave a legacy.
Dr. Bailey, Dr. Bingham, Ms. McGill, and Dr. Bock explore culture from a worldwide and a theological perspective. They address ways to practically engage in culture as well as lessons on living as a minority Christian.
This conversation provides a brief look into the world of Christianity and Islam through the eyes of Islamic expert, Dr. J. Dudley Woodberry of Fuller Theological Seminary.
Dr. Darrell Bock talks with Dr. Stanton Jones, professor of psychology and provost of Wheaton College, and Dr. Michael Brown, president of the Fire School of Ministry. They discuss the church's response to the issue of homosexuality, provide an overview of current research, and suggest how Christians can approach this issue with biblical truth and grace.
- Part 1 » Discussing Homosexuality and Sexuality Together (01/02/13)
- Part 2 » Studies and Research on Homosexuality (01/08/13)
- Part 3 » Tone in Addressing Homosexuality (01/15/13)
- Part 4 » Stanton Jones Chapel on Homosexuality and the Church (01/22/13)
- Part 5 » Stanton Jones Brown Bag: Questions on Ministry to Homosexuals (01/22/13)
Dr. Darrell Bock, Dr. Andy Seidel, and Andy Crouch, author of Culture Making, discuss cultural engagement, culture making, and how to think about cultural impact.
Dr. Darrell Bock and Kerby Anderson, President of Probe Ministries, discuss the role of the media and its relationship with the evangelical community. They offer advice on how Christians can consume media thoughtfully and build successful partnerships with secular media outlets.
Dr. Mark Bailey, Dr. Mark Yarbrough, and Dr. Darrell Bock introduce DTS's new initiative to address cultural engagement. This initiative will create opportunities for Christian leaders to provide a biblical perspective on timely issues in contemporary culture, with the ultimate goal of equipping believers to be more effective ambassadors for Christ.
- Strategies for Global Cultural Engagement
- Living and Ministering in the Middle East
- One Woman's Journey from Islam to Christianity
- Engaging with Other Cultures
- Sexuality and the Family
- Historical Adam
- Homosexuality Texts in the Bible
- Issues in Immigration
- Cultural Engagement: International Perspective
- Human Trafficking
- The Christian Family
- Domestic Abuse