Trust in God's Word
- Divine revelation
- Anchor of academic and community life
- Worldview creating
All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the servant of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.
2 Timothy 3:16
Depend on the Lord
- God never changes
- People provided by God for the DTS mission
- Prayer for increasing reliance on Him
- Source of spiritual growth and ministry strength
Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight.
Love Others Above Ourselves
- Love is a disciple’s hallmark
- Manifests in respect and honor for all image-bearers
- Unity in Jesus Christ and variety in His body and the world
- Relationship building as part of God’s good work for us
My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you. Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one’s life for one’s friends.
Pursue Excellence in Everything
- The Triune God is worthy of our best for His glory
- Resources directed toward the good of others and DTS
- Community coordination for God’s work at DTS
- Service to God over personal gain
Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters, since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving.
Serve Our Students Everywhere
- Students are the heart of the DTS mission
- Seeking the best learning environment
- Truth and charity characterizing seminary dialogue
- Employees sacrificially meeting student needs
Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit. Rather, in humility value others above yourselves, not looking to your own interests but each of you to the interests of the others.
Strengthen the Church Worldwide
- Global disciple-making
- Mutual learning and serving alongside the global church
- Resources and opportunities for encouragement
- Anticipating every nation, tribe, people, and language worshipping God
May God be gracious to us and bless us and make his face shine on us—so that your ways may be known on earth, your salvation among all nations. May the peoples praise you, God; may all the peoples praise you.