Brian L. Webster
Professor of Old Testament StudiesBA, Cornerstone University, 1987; MPhil, Hebrew Union College, 1993; PhD, 2000.
In the course of his professional career Dr. Webster has worked as a research fellow at The Scriptorium, cataloguing cuneiform texts and working with Hebrew scrolls; taught Greek and Hebrew at Cornerstone University and at Puritan Reform Theological Seminary; and served as associate professor of Bible and chair of the Bible, Religion, and Ministry division at Cornerstone University. He has won several teaching awards and recognition in Who’s Who Among America’s Teachers. He and his wife serve as youth leaders at Lake Cities Community Church in Rowlett, Texas.
- OT101 - Elements of Hebrew I
- OT102 - Elements of Hebrew II
- OT103 - Hebrew Exegesis and Old Testament Introduction I
- OT104 - Hebrew Exegesis and Old Testament Introduction II
- OT305 - Advanced Hebrew Grammar
- OT310 - Hebrew Reading
- OT330 - Introduction to Ugaritic
- OT360 - Introduction to Akkadian
- OT902 - Old Testament Thesis
- OT1008 - Old Testament Dissertation
- OT2020 - Intro to Akkadian
Contributions to Books
- Sixty-nine articles in the Baker Illustrated Bible Dictionary. Edited by Tremper Longman III, Peter Enns and Mark Strauss. Grand Rapids: Baker, 2010.
- “Chronological Index of the Texts from the Judaean Desert,” in Discoveries in the Judaean Desert XXXIX. Pp. 351-446. Edited by Emanuel Tov. New York: Oxford University Press, 2002.
Papers Presented at Academic Societies
- “The Perfect Verb in the Book of Proverbs,” Paper Presented at the Southwest Regional Meeting of the Society of Biblical Literature, March 2010.
- Presentation of The Cambridge Introduction to Biblical Hebrew and participation in panel comparison of recent first year Hebrew Grammars at the Evangelical Theological Society, November 2009.
- “Stative Verbs in the Psalter,” Paper Read Jointly with Jill Zwyghuizen at the Linguistics and Biblical Hebrew section of the Society of Biblical Literature, November 2008.
- “TekScroll: An Interactive Program for Learning Biblical Hebrew,” Paper Read at the National Association of Professors of Hebrew section of the Society of Biblical Literature, November 2007.
- “A Discourse Perspective on Hinneh,” Paper Read at the Southwest Region of the Society of Biblical Literature, March 2007.
- “Drama in the Pauses: Listening to the Masoretes,” Paper Read at the Southwest Region of the Evangelical Theological Society.
- “VK0876. The Text of a No-Longer Missing Torah Section from Kaifeng China,” Paper Read at the Midwest Society of Biblical Literature, 2000.
- “The Chinese Jews at Kaifeng: The community and their Writings,” Paper Read at the 35th International Congress on Medieval Studies, 2000.
- “Semantic Combinations and the Meaning of paqad,” Paper Read at the Midwest Society of Biblical Literature, 1999.
- Contributions to The NET (New English Translation) Bible. Dallas: Biblical Studies Press, 2005.
DTS Voice Videos
- Review of "Hebrew for the Rest of Us." Bibliotheca Sacra (167:667). 2010. 369.
- "The Place of Lament in the Christian Life." Bibliotheca Sacra (164:656). 2007. 387-402.
- Review of "Lament: Reclaiming Practices in Pulpit Pew and Public Square." Bibliotheca Sacra (164:654). 2007. 251-253.
- Review of "From Catalogue to Canon? An Assessment of the Library Hypothesis as a Contribution to the Debate about the Biblical Canon." Bibliotheca Sacra (163:652). 2006. 480-481.
- Review of "Grammatical Concepts 101 for Biblical Hebrew." Bibliotheca Sacra (163:652). 2006. 490-492.
- Review of "A Sacred Sorrow: Reaching out to God in the Lost Language of Lament and A Sacred Sorrow Experience Guide." Bibliotheca Sacra (163:652). 2006. 496-497.
- Review of "Lamentations." Bibliotheca Sacra (162:646). 2005. 244.
- Review of "A Modern Grammar for Classical Hebrew." Bibliotheca Sacra (162:645). 2005. 120-121.
- "Among The Scattered: The Books of Moses in Kaifeng China." Glosses: The Bulletin of the Scriptorium (iv:2/3). 1999. 5-7.
- "Searching for the Books of Moses in Kaifeng China." Glosses: The Bulletin of the Scriptorium (iv:4). 1999. 7-9.
- "Clay Impressions." Glosses: The Bulletin of the Scriptorium (ii:4). 1997. 1-4.