Jay L. Sedwick
Department Chair and Professor of Educational Ministries and LeadershipBS, Pennsylvania State University, 1984; ThM, Dallas Theological Seminary, 1989; MA, Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary, 1996; PhD, 2003.
Dr. Sedwick has over thirty years of youth ministry experience. He serves on the board of the Association of Youth Ministry Educators and has served as president of the board for the Society of Professors in Christian Education. He has four children, guaranteeing a youth laboratory in his house for many years to come. An ordained minister who teaches youth at a large Dallas-area church, Dr. Sedwick is also a popular conference and seminar speaker. His research and teaching interests include youth development, youth culture, biblical education for youth, curriculum design, and legal and financial issues in ministry.
- EML101 - Introduction to Educational Ministries and Leadership
- EML103 - Teaching Process
- EML210 - Curriculum Design
- EML325 - Legal & Financial Issues in Ministry
- EML401 - Age-level Ministries
- EML415 - Effective Ministry with Youth
- EML430 - Strategies for Youth and Young Adult Ministries
- EML445 - Effective Ministry with Young Adults
- EML615 - Applied Skills for Ministry Staff
- EML620 - Prevention of Child Sexual Abuse
- EML620 - Prevention of Child Sexual Abuse: MinistrySafe Certification Training
- DM103 - Applied Research Project
Watching my children play sports
DTS Voice Videos
- "To Release or Not to Release." Morf (7). 2013. 4.
- "Many Students, Many Methods: Teaching to Connect with Kids' Various Learning Styles." YouthWorker Journal (28:4). 2012. 41.
- "Heteroflexible: The Katy Perry Phenomenon." The Naked Truth-The New Sexuality in Youth Ministry (74). 2008. 10-11.
- "Teaching Students Today." Leading Student Ministry 2007. 32-34.
- "Learning Styles: Helping Students Shine." Leading Student Ministry 2006. 28-31.
- "Cheating: Anything Can Be Done." Leading Student Ministry 2006. 26-29.
- "Jesus Loves Me This I Know: Lesson 39." Christ: The Basis of Faith 2005.
- "Surprise Converts: Lesson 40." Christ: The Basis of Faith 2005.
- "The Bible on Jesus: Lesson 1." Christ: The Basis of Faith 2005.
- "A Comparison of Three Data Collection Survey Modes among Southern Baptist Youth Workers: Group-Administered, E-Mail/Web, and Mail." Journal of Youth Ministry 2004. 35-46.
- "Body Art." Youth Ministry Update 1998. 1-2.
- "Interview—The Future is Now: Youth Ministers on the Potential and Place of Students in the Church." Worship Leader 1997. 30-33.