Michael J. Svigel
Department Chair and Professor of Theological StudiesBS, Philadelphia Biblical University, 1996; ThM, Dallas Theological Seminary, 2001; PhD, 2008.
Besides teaching both historical and systematic theology at DTS, Dr. Svigel is actively engaged in teaching and writing for a broader evangelical audience. His passion for a Christ-centered theology and life is coupled with a penchant for humor, music, and writing. Dr. Svigel comes to DTS after working for several years in the legal field as well as serving as a writer with the ministry of Insight for Living. His books and articles range from text critical studies to juvenile fantasy. He and his wife, Stephanie, have three children, Sophie, Lucas, and Nathan.
- HT5101 - The Church to the Modern Era
- HT5102 - Church in the Modern Era: Europe and America
- HT5200 - History of Doctrine
- HT5215 - Theology of the Early Church
- HT5217 - Apostolic Fathers
- HT5225 - Seminar in the History and Theology of the Middle Ages
- HT5245 - Theology of Karl Barth
- ST5101 - Theological Method and Bibliology
- ST5102 - Trinitarianism
- ST5103 - Angelology, Anthropology, and Hamartiology
- ST5104 - Soteriology
- ST5105 - Sanctification and Ecclesiology
- ST5106 - Eschatology
DTS Voice Videos
DTS Voice Articles
- 3 Redeeming Myths of the Reformation
- The Irresistible Force of Star Wars: 3 Theological Approaches
- Coffee as a Means of Grace: A Sip of Theological Humor
- A Professor's Journey from Scientology to Christ
- "Extreme Makeover: Heaven and Earth Edition — Will God Annihilate the World and Re-Create it Ex Nihilo." Bibliotheca Sacra (171). 2014. 401-417.
- "What Child is This?: Darby's Early Exegetical Argument for the Pretribulation Rapture of the Church." Trinity Journal (35). 2014. 225-251.
- "The Center of Ignatius of Antioch's Catholic Christianity." Studia Patristica (45). 2010. 367–371.
- "Christ as Arche in Revelation 3:14—Source, Ruler, or Beginning?." Bibliotheca Sacra (April-June 2004:161). 2004. 215-231.
- "The Phantom Heresy: Did the Council of Ephesus (431) Condemn Chiliasm?." Trinity Journal (24). 2003. 105-112.
- "The Apocalypse of John and the Rapture of the Church: A Reevaluation." Trinity Journal (22). 2001. 23-74.