To apply for a need-based scholarship, please follow the steps below.
Check These First
- Make sure you meet the eligibility requirements below
- Consult the list of scholarships to see if you qualify for any specific funds
- Check the due dates and timelines page
2-Step Application Process
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
DTS School code: G03562
note: This is not a loan application, it is only used to determine need. If you need a loan, please consult the Direct Loan page.
- Complete the DTS need-based scholarship application
Note: new/prospective students will need to submit their admissions application first, which will create login credentials for the scholarship application.
Need-based Scholarship Eligibility
- Be in one of the following degree programs: ThM, MABC, MAAE, MACE, MACL, MACM, MACP, MAMW, MABEL, MA, STM, DMin, DEdMin, or PhD.
- Be in good standing with the seminary
- Maintain a minimum GPA of at least 2.5
- Enhanced scholarship (all campuses) – take at least 12 hours and be employed
- General scholarship – be employed at least 20 hours and take at least:
- Dallas/Online – 9 hours
- Houston/DC – 6 hours
- Extensions – 3 hours