Applicants who want to be considered for this scholarship must be accepted by March 15th.
A merit-based scholarship for ThM students who demonstrate exceptional potential. $3,000 per semester for four semesters. May be combined with other need-based scholarships.
Conditions and Stipulations of the Presidential Scholarship
- Applicants who want to be considered for this scholarship must have submitted an admissions application and have been accepted by March 15th. It is recommended that applications be submitted and all necessary references and other documents (i.e. transcripts, test scores, etc.) be submitted and complete before March 1st
- The Presidential Scholarship is awarded to a select number of entering ThM students based on their scholastic achievements and ministry potential as determined by the Seminary’s Admissions Committee.
- The Presidential Scholarship is in the amount of $12,000.00 to be awarded over four consecutive fall and spring semesters in the amount of $3,000.00 per semester.
- To qualify for the full Presidential Scholarship the student must continue to meet the following requirements:
- The student must be classified as a ThM student taking courses at the Dallas campus.
- The student must complete a full-time (9 or more hours) course load per semester, excluding Ministry Formation Internship courses.
- The student must take the language courses in sequence each semester (starting your first Fall semester).
- The student must maintain a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- The Presidential Scholarship can only be used during the first four semesters following the student’s initial date of matriculation. If a student fails to meet the requirements listed above, he or she will forfeit the scholarship award for the next semester. If a student postpones entry or withdraws from classes to fall below the 9 hour threshold, he or she will forfeit the scholarship award for the semester postponed or withdrawn. A scholarship award balance will not be carried beyond the two-year delimiting date.
- The Presidential Scholarship will be credited to the student’s account at the time of registration and will be applied toward tuition expenses. The Presidential Scholarship will not apply toward the student activity fees, book purchases, etc.